Thursday, October 13, 2011

Exit OLD, Enter NEW

OBGYN visits are like first dates. I spent more time getting ready for my appointment this morning than I have in a long long time. I had to shave my legs (all the way) and my armpits. Painted my toe nails, boy could I use a pedicure right about now. I even blow dryed my hair, which I haven't done in ages! Just wanted to make a good first impression I guess. And at a time when you feel so..what's the word? Vulnerable. Judged. Naked. Nervous. Yeah, any of those will work. Well at a time like that, you kind of just want to put your A-game forward, impress when you undress, whatever you want to call it. And so I was, silky smooth legs, pretty pink toe nails, wrapped uncomfortably in peach colored "gown." Since when do we glorify a half-sewn piece of sheet with the name, gown. Aren't gowns what are worn to balls, and elegant events. "She's wearing a so-and-so gown on the red carpet this evening." Either way, what's done is done. I did my part. 

I then returned home to my husband painting our upstairs hallway, and doing a great job at that. French Silver. Looks so great, funny how easily color can change the feel of a place. Dont get me wrong, we love our place, it was just really basic. All white walls, crummy carpet, and those darned metal blinds. Which brings us to our next visitor, the blind installer guy, aka the shining light of hope as we disposed of the old and welcomed the new. Hooray. Anyway, this guy was not what I expected. He was easily 270lb mexican man, who ever so delicately installed our new blinds. As we speak, the painters are here to paint our entire downstairs and if that wasn't enough, tomorrow morning the carpet guy will be here to do our entire upstairs. It's like a whirlwind of home improvements. I am so excited to see the finished product tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will shortly follow. The last touch will be our new couch (heaven!) which arrives in about a week. Deep breath. 

So yeah, I guess we're doing that whole newlywed couple with a new house making it their own home thing. Yep, that's us. I'm alright with that. Next thing you know we'll be poppin' out babies, baking, playing at the park, wearing aprons, having dinner ready when the Mr. gets home, oh boy! In all honesty, I play sarcastic and cool about it all, but that's exactly what I want. I want the little house with the little family and the little routines of cooking and baking and smiles and messes and all that good stuff. I'm hopeless. 

A couple weeks ago my husband says, "Do women call it a period because they think it's the end." Yes husband, that's exactly why. I like his reasoning. It feels like the end. of life. of happiness. Good to know he understands the misery.

Oh yeah, we were in England for two weeks. Next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...