Monday, June 13, 2011

From one to the next

You know, we're more complex than we could ever attempt to understand. People, not just you and I, but all of us. We are full of all of this unexplainable strange balance (or unbalanced) mix of energy, emotion, logic, insanity, ego, potential, beauty, so on and so forth.

This was me in first grade. My favorite color was Orange, I had no front teeth, I loved playing soccer, I hated turkey sandwiches.


This was me in middle school. My favorite color was Blue, I had braces because my once absent front teeth came in all crazy, I was tired of soccer, I could tolerate turkey sandwiches.  


This was me in high school. My favorite color was Yellow, I had no braces, just a retainer, I was intimidated by soccer and the tough girls who played, I was grossed out by turkey sandwiches.



This is me now. My favorite color is Pink, I now have "invisible braces," I want to be a soccer mom, I question my vegetarianism because I'd LOVE to have a turkey sandwich.



See what I mean?

Anyway, I suppose I'm going through one of those "normal phases" [as the calming psychiatrist would reassure one's patient] in my life of change in priorities, interests, tastes, dreams, etc. 

...and I'm kind of loving it. I lied, I'm really loving it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...